return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Layne Labs - Natural Diets for Pets & Wildlife
$50 banner pool - click here

RE: Clean lizards

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Monitors ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: FR at Fri Oct 12 09:16:17 2012  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by FR ]  

Exactly right and has been my experience both in nature and in captivity.

Which was the point of my reply, while the monitors did dig in that substrate, they were also making a mud out of their water bowl which is the lizards attempting to get that dirt off them. Again, that was already mentioned.

The real point is, Wayne would rather HATE, and fight, then actually listen to his animals, or to people only trying to help him.

What I find very odd is, if I am wrong, and hes truly right, why would he care what I say.

When I started with varanids, I was experienced with many reptile types both in captivity and nature. If my monitors did what I observe as basic lizard behavior in nature, I did not care what "experts" said to me. But I did not get all NUTS on them until many generations later. After I had recieved proof or verification that this approach worked.

Even then I did not go off on them, they would go off on me. Of course, I have no problem returning that favor.

As I have mentioned many times, I think Wayne has potential, his biggest problem is his anger issues. They are misplaced.

When his approach is in error, he gets mad at a person that informs him what hes observing is questionable. Instead, those errors belong to only him and he really should be upset with himself.

As in, he kicks the gift horse if the gift was not what he wanted.

As it is, Wayne and Paradon, both have no problem passing on poor or unproven information. Then both wonder why so many Savs have to die. Its funny, but the answer is right in front of them.

Paradon keeps saying FRANK there "can" be many ways to do something. Guess what, I am funny aware of that. The point is, I do pick one or more of those ways, while he picks none.

In the end its more about being human or a perfect human. When I was building zoos, many of the projects came out exceptional. I myself cannot build a whole project, its way to large. So I have a crew to help.

Whats odd is, they all want to do the very best, ideal, perfect, etc. The problem was, it did not work that way.

I have to explain on a daily basis, if all of you just do well today, the end result would be GREAT. You do not need to do each step perfect or great or any of that. Just do average or better on a daily basis and the end result will be superior.

That is how it is with monitors, Just cover all the little steps in an average way, doing that results in something exceptional.

Then you have the Waynes of the world, they think they are smart, so they think they have to do better. So they try to do cetain steps BETTER, but fail to do all the steps and fail, they blew their junk on one step. In the end, they fail.

Waynes running around trying to get PERFECT dirt, good luck with that. Theres more to it then the dirt. Theres more to it then a burrow. Cover the steps in an aveage way Wayne and your monitors will be fine. The problem is, you have to know what the steps are. Learn them. Cheers

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

<< Previous Message:  Clean lizards - BillCobb, Wed Oct 10 09:53:50 2012