return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Zena Progression pics......

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Rainbow Boas ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: rainbowsrus at Wed Oct 10 23:35:09 2012  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by rainbowsrus ]  

Yes, it appears to be incomplete dominant. The original Candy Stripes (Ziggy and Zoe) are siblings that came from a girl here in San Jose. She produced a litter in 2007 from two animals that were individual craigs list purchases so untraceable. Several babies in that litter had dorsal striping and I picked out a pair of the nicest looking ones. Before she could produce another litter she lost both original parents (long story there)

Last year was Ziggy and Zoe's first pairing and that produced the Super Candy Stripes, Candy Stripes and normals. I kept the whole litter. So far there are only four Supers on the planet and they are only one year old. I kept that whole litter and am raising them up to breed.

I now have the "second" litter on the ground between Ziggy and a unrelated Hypo female. Two of five babies show the candy stripe and of course are also het Hypo. Still fitting the Incomplete Dominant model!!! More breeding trials to come...
-----
Thanks,

Dave Colling

www.rainbows-r-us-reptiles.com

0.1 Wife (WC and still very fiesty)
0.2 kids (CBB, a big part of our selective breeding program)

LOL, to many snakes to list, last count (02/01/2010):
42.61 BRB
27.40 BCI
And those are only the breeders

lots.lots.lots feeder mice and rats

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Zena Progression pics...... - rascal_rascal_99, Thu Oct 11 00:26:06 2012

<< Previous Message:  RE: Zena Progression pics...... - rascal_rascal_99, Wed Oct 10 21:43:08 2012