return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Polar Rodents - US based provider of frozen rats and mice.
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Don't assume >

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Collared Lizards ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: Eve at Sun Oct 21 08:27:15 2012  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by Eve ]  

Hey Rodger, sorry to hear the kids are sick. I saw you said they are too young to already have vit defiencies. But you can not just assume it's them that JUST got deficient. You have to look back and maybe assume mom was decient or lacking something, and that the kids may not have gotten what they needed. Sometimes the eggs/ hatchlings zap everything from her but if she is also lacking then EVERYONE IS DEFICIENT.

I know from having a human baby many years ago.... breech and he had seizures for a few days after birth, where he would get stiff so stiff the dr. said they could not bend his arm while it was happeneing. Anyway turned out it wa not from being breech they found he hardly had a calcium level it was so low,,,, my fault as I'm not a milk drinker and back then they did not push vitimims or calcium supplements. When they got my sons calcium levels up he was fine.

If I were you besides the D3 I would give them "liquid calcium" a few drops 3 times a day for about a week, then maybe 2 drops a day another week see how they do after that and go from there, just give you an idea if this may be the problem. They are so tiny so you would have to get that liquid WAY back of the throat past the glotis/hole in the back of tongue, or you cna asperate them, gets into the lungs.

I hope they come around.
-----
Eve
Suncharmers Colorful Collareds & More

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Don't assume > - rkhorne, Wed Oct 24 22:31:20 2012

<< Previous Message:  RE: Baby Seizures? - rkhorne, Mon Oct 15 23:20:02 2012