return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

VA:DAI update and Oct. 24 public meeting

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Herp Law Center & Forum ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: EricWI at Sun Oct 21 06:51:03 2012  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by EricWI ]  

Thank you for your continued interest in the Virginia Dangerous Animal Initiative (DAI). Members of the DAI Workgroup met for the second time on October 3rd in Richmond, VA. The next DAI Workgroup meeting will be held on Wednesday, Oct. 24th from 10 AM – 3 PM at the VHDA Virginia Housing Center. Members of the public are welcome to participate as observers during the Workgroup session, and lunch will be on your own as a member of the public.

A Dangerous Animal Initiative Public Meeting is scheduled for Wednesday, Oct. 24th from 4:00 PM – 6:00 PM at the VHDA Virginia Housing Center following the Workgroup meeting. The purpose of the public meeting is to provide input to the DAI Workgroup. Please fill out the following survey if you will be attending the public meeting so we may plan for seating (walk-ins will be welcome as well): https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/WLFSF6R . A draft agenda and meeting directions are listed below and will be uploaded to the DAI website.

Information about parking and directions may be found at the website: http://www.vhda.com/about/ContactUs/Pages/VHCDrivingDirections.aspx. Ample parking is available, but please do not park in reserved spaces. Once you arrive, please check in with Security at the front desk to get a Visitor’s Pass. You will be directed to the meeting room once you check in.

The DAI website has been updated with additional information, including the public meeting agenda. Please continue to check it for updated information: www.virginiaanimals.net.

Please don't hesitate to contact us with any questions or comments at animals@virginia.edu, and thank you for your continued interest in the Initiative.

Best regards,

David Whitehurst, on behalf of the Coordinating Team
Dept. of Game and Inland Fisheries

Christine Gyovai, on behalf of the IEN Team
UVa Institute for Environmental Negotiation

Facilitated by the UVa Institute for Environmental Negotiation (IEN)
4:00 – 6:00 PM -­‐ VHDA Virginia Housing Center, 4224 Cox Road, Glen Allen, VA 23060

Wednesday, October 24th, 2012
4:00 Welcome and Overview
• Welcome by David Whitehurst, DGIF
• Meeting purpose, overview and guidelines with the UVa Institute for Environmental Negotiation

4:10 Background on the DAI Initiative
• Background of issue, Workgroup and process to date

4:25 Questions and discussion
• Feedback on the Workgroup, the process, information for consideration by the Workgroup from the public

4:50 Small Group Discussions
• Questions for discussion:
§ Are there any needs or gaps in current federal and state regulations?
§ How can public safety be strengthened?
§ Other ideas, concerns or feedback for the Workgroup.

5:30 Large Group Discussion: Sharing from Small Group Discussions
• Questions and Discussion
• Submit additional questions or comments on handout
• www.virginiaanimals.net or email animals@virginia.edu

6:00 Adjourn

From points north:
1. From I-95 S, take the I-295 exit (exit 84B) toward Charlottesville.
2. Take the US-1 S exit on the left toward Richmond
3. Merge onto I-295 N via the exit on the left, heading toward I-64 W / Charlottesville
4. Go for about 7 miles, then take exit 51B to Nuckols Rd. South
5. Merge onto Nuckols Rd.
6. Turn right onto Cox Rd.
7. Follow to 4224 Cox Rd, building is on your right

From points south:
1. From I-95 N, take exit 79 (I-64 W towards Powhite Pkwy/Charlottesville)
2. Follow to Exit 180B Gaskins Road North
3. Turn left at second light, onto W. Broad St. (250 West)
4. After about 1 mile, turn right onto Cox Rd.
5. Continue straight to 4224 Cox Rd, building is on your left
OR
1. Take Route 288 North to I64 East
2. Take exit 178B to 250 East (W. Broad St.)
3. At the 2nd stoplight, take a left onto Cox Rd.
4. Continue to 4224 Cox Rd, building is on your left

From Richmond International Airport and points east:
1. Follow S. Airport Drive approx. 4 miles
2. Merge onto I-295 N toward I-64 W / Charlottesville / I-95 N / Washington
3. After about 20 miles, take Exit 51B: Nuckols Rd. South
4. Merge onto NUCKOLS RD
5. After about a mile, turn right onto Cox Rd.
6. Follow to 4224 Cox Rd, building is on your right
OR from I-64:
1. Stay on I-64
2. Take the Gaskins Rd. North exit.
3. Turn left at second light, onto W.Broad St. (250 West)
4. After about 1 mile, turn right onto Cox Rd. and continue straight to 4224 Cox Rd.

From points west:
1. Take I-64 E to Richmond
2. Take exit 178B to 250 East (W. Broad St.)
3. At the 2nd stoplight, take a left onto Cox Rd.
4. Continue to 4224 Cox Rd, building is on your left

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Hide Replies ]

• You Are HereVA:DAI update and Oct. 24 public meeting - EricWI, Sun Oct 21 06:51:03 2012

>> Next topic:  Disunity: A Warning from Ohio - bloo, Sun Oct 21 21:28:03 2012
<< Previous topic:  IA: Coon Rapids Breeder Appeals - EricWI, Mon Oct 15 19:24:43 2012