return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

RE: My Iggy hates me!

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Iguanas ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: Medic8388 at Sun Jan 6 14:00:28 2013  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by Medic8388 ]  

Everyone has different methods, and this is just mine. I have one about the size as yours for just a little longer time as youve had this one. Mine will come to me on her own and let me hold her with no issues at all. What I have found (she is Iguana #4 at the moment) is habitat size makes a huge difference. I noticed a huge difference with the two Ive had the longest after I moved them into a large habitat (I converted a walk in closet, its 6x8x9a i believe). When I got the new one (female #2 for this habitat) I put her in there and left her alone. To a small iguana anything larger than them is going to eat them and I didnt want to reinforce these beliefs by chasing her around the habitat and terrifying her. So fast forward a few weeks and she started seeing me as a source of food. After a lot of time and effort she started eating from my hand. Once she would eat from my hand I could position the food a little farther up my arm (making her on me to get the food). Now after even more time and work she excitedly greets me along with the other two. Now the things I think work in my favor here are the large habitat with proper lights, temps, and humidity and lots of places to hide. Plus I dont think it hurt she got to watch the other two get food from me. Just take your time and dont get discouraged.
-----
Green Igg 1.1.0
Beardie 1.0.0
Green Tree Frogs 0.0.2
Green Anole 1.0.0
Leopard Gecko 0.1.0
American Toad 0.0.1
Ball Python 0.0.1
Nile Monitor 0.0.1
Yellow Belly Slider 0.0.1
Tokay Gecko 0.0.1

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]