return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Earth Day . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Layne Labs - Natural Diets for Pets & Wildlife
pool banner - $50 year

hr511 and whats going on

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Herp Law Center & Forum ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: rodneynboalich at Mon Nov 26 18:11:17 2012  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by rodneynboalich ]  

HR511 AND WHATS HAPPENING WITH IT.........................................................................................first and foremost i would like to let people know it is almost impossible for hr511 to become law. there is only three week left that the house and senate will be in session. for hr511 to become law with in those three weeks it would have to do the following. after the hear
ing on the 29th hnr will have to do their write up then report it out of committee. then it would have to be brought to the house floor for a vote and pass. then it would go to the senate where it would be sent to another committee for them to look at and pass and be reported out of that committee. then be brought to the senate floor for a vote and pass. last it would then be sent to the president to be signed into law. the likelihood of all that happening is so great that its more then safe to say it wont happen..............................................................................................................................now heres where the problem is. hr511 was not referred to hnr. they ask for it. which it is a good thing that its in committee. as long as its in committee it cant go to the floor for a vote. keep in mind andrew wyatt and brady barr went to DC 6 days before hr511 was reported out of the house judiciary committee. where it had sat, forgotten about since they voted on it and passed it back in february. hjc reported hr511 out in oct. then hnr ask to have it referred to them. hnr has been in contact with usark ( wyatt ) during all this. i believe usark is the one that pushed for hr511 to go to hnr in the first place. harry burroughs is the one dealing with hr511 in hnrs subcommittee. iv been talking to him off and on since oct when the bill passed our of hjc. harry told me they were going to have a hearing. i spoke with harry today. he said after the hearing hnr will work on hr511 to make it a bill that we the reptile industry can live with. i dont agree with this plan at all. i like Mr. burroughs and he does seem to be on our side. but the main source of contact hnr,s had from the reptile industry is usark. and we all know how pro compromise usark is. if you look back at old interviews with andrew wyatt, one the things he said back in 2009 was, he was talking to senator nelson to only ban the importation of burms. this idea of banning the importation, we will now see applied to other large constrictors in order to save interstate transport of them...................................................................... now none of this will matter since this bill cant go through all the necessary steps to become law by the end of the year. but heres the issue. hr511 will get introduced again next session. and if a compromised version of the bill is fabricated this session with the so called support of the reptile industry, that new compromised version, or something like it, is what will get reintroduced next session. with the reptile industry weighing in and taking part in rewriting hr511 this year, next years version of it will be push forward as having the support of the reptile industry..............................................................................................................................if this happens you can forget ever getting back the four large constrictors we already lost. if we give them even more they will just keep taking and taking till we have nothing left.............................................................................................................................the most unsettling part of all of this is that andrew wyatt will be the main person representing the reptile industry in this hearing. if the rumors are true, i dont think hes the person we want speaking for us. there are many rumors about tinley, and that there is a possible libel/slander suit against wyatt and usark. rumor has it wyatt was no where to be seen after the auction at tinley or on sunday. also saturday at tinley is the same day erika walsh usark new VP said she resigned. its also been said that usark is broke and becasue of wyatts actions will he will be gone after the first of the year. now im not saying these rumors are true. im just repeating what has been said. and even brian potter publicly address some of this rumors on a FB page.............................................................................................................................so here are my predictions for the future. one hr511 will not pass. after it dsont pass usark will claimed they stopped it. even thought all my research would suggest wyatt is the one that helped get this whole hearing set up. i think after that wyatt does his victory dance we will see a letter of resignations from him. claiming due to personal issues or something like that he is stepping down. as for hr511 it will get reintroduced next session, in a compromised form that will be much easier to push through. since the committees reporting on it will be in agreement that its a good bill. with wyatt gone and usark either collapsed or barely surviving and pijac always ready to throw us under the bus the new version of hr511 will become law in 2013............................................ the only way to stop this is to have an organization thats willing to walk into a courtroom and sue. lobbying and trade organizations such as usark cant not stop these bills. they can only delay them......................keep im mind if im right that usark did help push for this hearing on hr511 which will most likely lead to a compromised version that will be much easier to push next session. that will mean that we will lose more rights because of usark not because of AR groups. if you would like to voice your concerns with hr511 here is hnr's number 2022252761

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Hide Replies ]

• You Are Herehr511 and whats going on - rodneynboalich, Mon Nov 26 18:11:17 2012

>> Next topic:  OH Kasich signs Executive Order - EricWI, Wed Nov 28 03:17:55 2012
<< Previous topic:  Forsyth County considers banning constri - EricWI, Tue Nov 20 18:02:52 2012