return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
$50 banner pool - click here

RE: Trends in husbandry changing over time

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Monitors ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: FR at Wed Dec 12 11:03:47 2012  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by FR ]  

Now that you have read that, you are always confrontational with me or with what I say. You do not come to help or clarify, or add to. You only come to be "you"(confrontational)

If you wanted to question my reply to the post, you could question whether the change in husbandry was attributed to me. That change in husbandry is the context of the thread.

Such things as deep substrate, High temps and a wide temp range(150F to 70F)(includes cool)(retes stacks, etc) Whole food items, Lites 24/7.

Those and a few more were combined by me to recieve the results I mentioned. Some were new, others a "add" in combination.

The elimination of hibernation, photoperiod and rain cycle could also be attributed to me.

Of course there was that old "heatum and feedum" THat Scott Salsted(vision cages) and I came up with at the bar in Orlando. THat saying is so very important with varanids.

As once they have the metabolism to feed and utilize food on a daily basis, they without question grow like weeds and reproduce like pez despensers. Of course, thats a somewhat backwards statement like me leading with the number of species. As it takes a bit more then heat, but that heat is the key and once they feed on a daily basis, your in the area of their normal active metabolism. Which allows and supports success.

Of course I am not an academic word person, so i do not take such things literally or as a rule, They surely have no need to feed everyday 365 days a year year after year, as there are times its not necessary, but the key is, the times "it is" necessary.

Whether I produced 16 or 21 species is not a concern, in fact, by current standards it may be more then I mentioned. At the time, there was no bushi and Whites monitors are now different then ackies, black tristis vs. Freckled, etc etc.

Again that is not the point of the thread, the point(context) of the thread is the change in husbandry and where it came from.

This is also a reason I do not care for you, you do not follow the context, but love to switch it to something to benefit your questionable agenda.

You also fail to address my agenda, which is now, and has always been about the monitors. Which is pretty much why we do not get along. YOu seem to be into monitors for social standing and position. I on the otherhand only work with them for the love of animals(not just monitors) and avoid the social aspect which includes publishing.

Yes, I am a bit backward and ackward with words, but then, that very well may be what allowed me to have the success I have had. I am so very happy with what was achieved here at goanna ranch with the support of my family and friends. I will take it anyday over what you have done. But then, I am odd that way.

So what can you add to the context of this thread.(the changing of husbandry protocal) Or can you only distract or confront. How about adding to. In my opinion, to add is valuable, to subtract from is worthless. Which is why I am not a fan of yours at this time.

There is a wonderful conversation to be had here, if only you were not so confrontational. If you would only use that mass on your shoulders and talk about the husbandry at the time, instead of ego positioning. Have a great day

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

<< Previous Message:  RE: Trends in husbandry changing over time - FR, Wed Dec 12 09:50:23 2012