return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Horned Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

Once upon a time.......

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Rainbow Boas ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: rainbowsrus at Wed Dec 19 13:08:41 2012  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by rainbowsrus ]  

For several years I have been working on producing stronger Hypo BRB's. I have produced 9 litters of hets from Hypo x unrelated to hypo pairings and acquired several others as well. The intent of eventually doing some number of het x het pairings to produce outcrossed hypos. In 2012 I did one such pairing between a Tim Frasier line Het and one of my Lockwood Colling babies. Somewhat disappointing litter as there were only a few babies. Two were two clear Hypos but one has severe kinks that will mean it's unsexable and IMO unbreedable. The one good hypo is decent but not a stunner.

the one good male Hypo TF-CH-1201:

TF-CH-1201 Shown again with a normal baby (meant to be a littermate but pulled the wrong tub. Actually pulled two tubs and they both looked the same but selected the second one because that baby was more balled up so easier to move and shoot pics. Figured out my mistake later when I noticed the tub number was for a DT-OZ baby.
(TF-CH-121 with DT-OZ-1204)

Now for the interesting part.... One of the "non-hypo" babies was lighter and brighter than the other. Noticeably so and as they have grown it's getting more and more pronounced. And on top of it, the dark pattern outlines never fully darkened. I'm now wondering if it may also be a hypo, an insane color hypo at that??

TF-CH-1201 on the upper left, DT-OZ-1204 on the upper right and TF-CH-1203 in the foreground.

A couple of pics focusing on the insane color female but still with the other two in frame for contrast...

And just for kicks, TF-CH-1203 with WI-FR-1214 to show how it compares to a high color baby. Notice the difference in the dark outlines? How the WI-FR female is much darker than the TF-CH female!

sooooooooo, whatcha think? is she a hypo or not?

-----
Thanks,

Dave Colling

www.rainbows-r-us-reptiles.com

0.1 Wife (WC and still very fiesty)
0.2 kids (CBB, a big part of our selective breeding program)

LOL, to many snakes to list, last count (02/01/2010):
42.61 BRB
27.40 BCI
And those are only the breeders

lots.lots.lots feeder mice and rats

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Once upon a time....... - ccphoto, Thu Dec 20 17:20:53 2012
>> Next Message:  RE: Once upon a time....... - boidmorphs, Sat Dec 22 15:44:23 2012