return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Horned Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

Free Puppy (Anole) diaries...

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Anoles ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: AcartiaStarfyre at Sun Dec 30 22:23:51 2012  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by AcartiaStarfyre ]  

I hate that there is no such thing as a free puppy, or in this case, anole.

I got two little anoles from the local school district in October and two or three hundred dollars later, I think I finally have a viv in working order.

I have colonies of mealworms, crickets, and curly-winged fruit flies.

And one of my anoles up and died over Christmas. It was the little one that I got the fruit flies for. He wasn't able to eat the big mealworms and so I was catching him and feeding him in a separate container. My pet sitter, a wonderful and responsible person who works at a pet store was doing the same... except that apparently my little dude was feeling better and made a dash for freedom.

I found him in the middle of the floor when I got back home; dead. His poor little tail was missing, which almost certainly means he had a run-in with one of the five cats that share the house. Suck.

I still have my big female, but she's got some sort of wound or fungus on her face... I have no idea what to do and my husband won't let me take her to the vet. I almost used Lamisil on her, but it said not to use near the mouth.

I completely re-did the viv today; I used a design the guy at the aquarium store told me about. Maybe I will post a pic, if I have the heart.

Right now,I am more depressed by my failure to help these little guys, exacerbated by the seemingly bazillions of people who "kept their anole in a plain aquarium without lights or anything and it lived for five years." Sigh.

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]