return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Healthy Herp
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Musings of a Student/ Why I'm a Milkman

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Milk Snake Forum ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: BrandonD at Thu Jan 10 17:02:21 2013  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by BrandonD ]  

I concur with COle, There are definately ssp. of milk snakes, there are many branches. Comparing nelsoni to sinaloae is like comparing syspila to temporalis, if you compared L.t.t. to gentilis or andesiana you can clearly see it is more than variation going on. I see you would be a collins man as he to thought of triangulum in that matter. I would say there are the Eastern milks which would include L.t.t, L.t.temporalis, and L.t.syspila, then the western milks which includes L.t.gentilis, L.t.multistrata, L.t.taylori, and L.t.celaenops, then the southern milks which would be L.t.amaura, annulata, and elapsoides (unless it truly is not a triangulum) Im not even going to get into the south american milks just because I don't understand them how I do the north american milks. But I am a milk man, It may be because I can find them in my "back yard", I was fascinated by them when I first saw one. I always liked finding reptiles and amphibians the one thing that took me the longest to find was the milk snake this could be a reason for me to. I only have 6 at the moment, but I bet my collection will more than double this year. I don't see them as coins or things like that. I see them as special pets, my photo collection of ones I found and released is like a coin collection though, this is one hobby you can easily get into over a hundred animals, because there are so many awesome ssp and so many awesome individuals from each ssp and we all have certain looks we deem more idealistic.
Thats my two cents on it and heres a photo of my 2 favorite snakes
this sanderson celaenops the one with the red head

Locality is a big deal
Cheers
Brandon DeCavele
This syspila is my other favorite

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

<< Previous Message:  Musings of a Student/ Why I'm a Milkman - captainjack0000, Wed Jan 9 18:21:29 2013