return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

Wilson county ban

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Gray-banded Kingsnakes ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: tanks at Mon Feb 11 22:05:46 2013  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by tanks ]  

I attended the Wilson county commissioners court hearing on the venomous, and python ban. It seemed to go vary well, the people that spoke did a great job ( Jason Royer, Dave Barker & Pete Memico ).Sorry Pete I know I got your name wrong.

I felt the commissioners were well receptive to the idea of reversing the law with some more work.

I really want to thank Dave Barker, he came with lots of research papers and even brought numerous copies of his book that he gave each commissioner & one copy that was donated to the Wilson county library. His generosity was awesome, we all owe big Dave plenty of thanks for all he put together for this task.

Now to the dirty laundry, it was expressed by commissioners that they did not have proper information when first presented by Dr. Hill (typical knee jerk reaction that often happens). My take is Dr. Hill did not represent proper facts, I'm sure in his mind he thought he did.

From what came out of this is what we should be doing all along, self policing standards will have to be implemented and presented to the court. If they are satisfactory then the commissioners can vote to over turn the ban.

Final thoughts, as a whole we must start policing ourself and implement some type of standards if we are to ever stand a chance to preserve any freedoms in the world of reptiles. If we don't police ourself the crazies that run our government will take all freedoms away in the name of a bogus public safety issue that doesn't exist.

I will propose that one of the topics for Sanderson snakedays roundtable discussion on Friday night should include the discussions on self policing standards that we should entertain.
Sanderson SnakeDays

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Hide Replies ]

• You Are HereWilson county ban - tanks, Mon Feb 11 22:05:46 2013

>> Next topic:  Pinstripe collection...no orange here! - Adam105, Thu Feb 14 10:00:10 2013
<< Previous topic:  277 - chenderson421, Sat Feb 9 23:03:56 2013