return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

a few personal goals

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Pine/Bull/Gopher Snakes ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: adognamedjack at Wed Feb 13 20:21:17 2013  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by adognamedjack ]  

So for the last two years i have been collecting well researched and good looking pits both lacales and morphs. my intentions this whole time can be summed up to three things, first is to work with the snakes that fascinate me sooo much. not sure if you believe in evolution or not, but if you believe in adaptaion wich is proven undoubtably than my opinion is. evelution is adaptation over a countless timeline and therefore proven. and the differance between say a northern pine, southern, louisiana, and bull snake is really suttle (mostly color and pattern... wich sometimes doesnt even vary that much) and is amazing. to me this can only be acredited to an unreal amount of time seperated by geography...please dont take it personal i have religouse beliefs like most. i just cant throw out the facts. ( some people cannot allow themselves to accept the story in front of them and refuse to believe in the poss of evelution... no judgement from me... to each there own).... oh gosh way off topic... anyway back on track here, reason 1 the enjoyment of collecting and studdying. reason two... I made it a personal goal to have a booth at our local expo ( not a huge expo and certainly not gonna be a money maker).. just whant to slap hands with people who have the same interest at the same time as maybe paying for a years rodents. to me this would be somewhat of a graduating acheivment.. so i can get these stinky mofos out of my house for good lol (mice)....reason number three and the reason i post ( if not to keep this formum pumping) is to have nice bloodlines to use for a thing me and my car enthusiest friends call horse tradin... just ill give you this for two of those type of deal! is there a third part site or company that over sees trade? if not would someone like to take on a crazy prolly impossable task of building one. not a venture im brave enough for but would be neet none the less....... say all comunications and agreements go thru this site for puplic record and the mediator keeps a percentage or has a flat rate fee to keep the wheels turning, and moderates to ensure no one gets stiffed without every one else knowing about a bad traider...( like the boi only just for trades). Anyone? i would love to trade for feeders other pits and even maybe a few of the many types of tree monitors. ( cant help but like those haha) any way what is every ones take on that?.... the mediator would have to have to keep there rep on the line at all times in order to prove non bias wich could be tough ......and if someone were tho build such a thing the users and flow would follow! just something someone else prolly already thought of before i did, but to me is my idea lol..... last thing im going to leave that part about evelution in the post but i do not whant to have that to turn into an argument...get enough of that with people i deal with every day! oh and i love pits! ( that very last part was to keep this a pit post because i dont realy care to talk too much with frog or turtle guys....ya know!)

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: a few personal goals - adognamedjack, Thu Feb 14 01:22:01 2013