return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Pandale

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Gray-banded Kingsnakes ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: craighoitink1 at Tue May 21 15:48:04 2013  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by craighoitink1 ]  

My buddy and I normally would spend about 2 or 3 night in Comstock at the Casablanca Motel. From there would drive Juno Rd half the night if we saw not much moving we would head down US 90 to Pandale. I believe that’s what we did that night so we ended up at Pandale at about 11:00pm(if my memory severs me right I think it was about 11.9 miles from US-90 maybe 13. something?)(I have it written down somewhere). We were going so fast we had to drive right over the female and turn around. She didn't even move. Then we drove down the road about 30 minutes and then turned around and drove back. We caught the male in the exact spot approximately one hour later. We spent the rest of the night till about 3:30am maybe 4:00am crushing that spot to see if anything else turned up. We went back the next day and took a lot of pics of the habitat. I sent my buddy an email to see if he ever scanned the pics. I have them somewhere still. I'll scan them when I have time and post later.
We would then head west through other Gray Band habitat and eventually end up at River Rd and spend a few days. We normally would not collect more than about 5 nights total. We spent a lot of days driving 90 to 100mph to get to all the spots with the limited time we had to collect. Last story…. in 2003 we collected River Rd and it rained that night (late June). We saw over 50 snakes that night but no Gray Bands. About everything you can imagine.
I haven't been back since

Craig

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Hide Replies ]

• You Are HereRE: Pandale - craighoitink1, Tue May 21 15:48:04 2013

>> Next topic:  Juno - steveboyd, Wed May 22 10:18:43 2013
<< Previous topic:  Stud Service? - Bothriechis99, Tue May 21 13:25:53 2013