return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Tinley Reflections: An open letter from Mom . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

Plan B:

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Pine/Bull/Gopher Snakes ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: pinemountain at Tue Jun 11 19:45:03 2013  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by pinemountain ]  

Nobody lives forever. Stuff happens and when it does you need a "Plan B". I have a group of very nice animals that I bought mostly back in 04 and 05 when I thought I was going to be a breeder. Last Aug I had a scare and that should have opened up my eyes. I had to have an arterial bypass to restore blood flow to my legs after the toes on my right foot turned black. The bypass seemed to work and in Nov as I was regaining my strength I put the room into brumation. In March this year as I was about to bring them up to temp my right leg died and was amputated March 15. There are steps to climb at my place and I can't get in without being carried. I got fired from my job and it has taken all my savings to buy the "cobra" insurance and pay the out of pocket money. Life can be tough. Now I have a collection of non-venomous pituophis good quality snakes that I can't hardly even get in the house to see. I am staying at my brothers place until who knows when. I don't have friends locally that can help and it was my right leg so I can't even drive. I don't know what to do. I have thought about waiting until a show gets close enough to maybe talk somebody into picking them up on the way home. I guess the reason I am writing is to hope for a miracle at best and at least maybe I can make a big enough impact on somebody to come up with their own "Plan B"

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Plan B: - HappyHeathen, Tue Jun 11 20:42:14 2013