return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Horned Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Layne Labs - Natural Diets for Pets & Wildlife
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Double Hypo?

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Pine/Bull/Gopher Snakes ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: Jeremy Pierce at Mon Jul 29 17:34:46 2013  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by Jeremy Pierce ]  

Well, happy mistake. I remembered the tag being female, but when I got home to clean tonight, I looked and had it marked male. So I pulled it out, popped it, and low and behold it is in fact a male! This makes it much easier to prove out. I'll feed him well and breed him back to his grandmother and another bull that I've got that is 100% het for generic. That should prove or disprove what it is.

I've had so much cool stuff happen this season that I'm having a hard time keeping my thoughts straight. I've had a most incredible season, not only with the bulls, but with other species as well. Check this out:

1. The red-eyed ghost bulls were a surprise bonus.

2. The tiger patterned bull (oh yeah, a female ghost hatched out with nearly the same pattern!)

3. From an Anery Tessera to Ghost corn breeding, turns out they're both het for amel. I got two snow tesseras!

4. from anery tessera to anery stripe corn breeding, turns out not only is the tessera het for amel, it's also het for stripe! I got a couple Tessera Stripes.

5. from blood red corn to blood red corn, turns out they're both het for anery and amel. Got Fires (amel diffused) and Granites (anery difffused). I was hoping for the holy grail in the clutch to be an Avalanche (amel, anery, diffused) but it didn't happen. Not gonna complain.

6. From a five egg Het albino to Het albino ball python clutch, I got a pair of albinos

7. from a six egg clutch of het orange ghost to het orange ghost, I got a pair of orange ghosts.

I've got one more corn clutch to go and then a California King clutch. Don't know if I can take much more excitement. I took the last couple of years off (with the exception of breeding a couple of animals) because it was turning into more of a job than something I love. It was the best thing I could have done for myself. Though I didn't breed half of the animals I could have, I want to be careful not to get burnt out again. Gotta be selective but it's hard!

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Double Hypo? - Jason Nelson, Mon Jul 29 17:53:53 2013

<< Previous Message:  RE: Double Hypo? - Jeremy Pierce, Mon Jul 29 08:13:18 2013