return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
click here for Rodent Pro  
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
pool banner - $50 year

Ot something new

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Hognose Snakes ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: FR at Fri Aug 2 10:22:05 2013  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by FR ]  

Some highlites from the field.

Early on observed this male crossing the road, of interested, I moved it off the road in the direction it was heated. Only to have it return to the exact spot I interfered with him and then continue exactly in the direction it was headed.

In situ, this female is the smallest yet from last years crop. What a cutie, got me, I think shes cute.

Shes is SOOOOOOO cute. There is such a huge difference in behavior, the males are bun bites and go nuts, females, cute I tell you.

THis male was found hanging out all day in the area of the nest I found 5 days ago. hmmmmmmmmmmm

These are hatched eggs, possibly from last year. They would discovered right where a bunch of neonates was located last year. Something dug them up. Actually the female above was found about 15 feet from those eggs.

These guys(Mohave rattlesnakes) share the habitat with hogs, also within 25 feet of the known nest is at least 7 of these fellas to keep me on my toes.

I found a grip of these, all females, acting suspiciously like they are preparing to lay eggs. Time will tell.

Remember, this is a study in ethology, none scientific, which means I will wait to confirm our suspicions rather then dig up and disturb normal events. So time will tell.

Anyway, making some progress and having fun. Thanks

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Hide Replies ]

>> Next topic:  Lava line tiger albino condas. - Gregg_M_Madden, Sun Aug 4 22:37:28 2013
<< Previous topic:  Giants Madagascar Hognose - englishaussie, Thu Aug 1 15:54:47 2013