return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Polar Rodents - US based provider of frozen rats and mice.
pool banner - $50 year

RE: OT for Austin

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Hognose Snakes ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: FR at Fri Aug 9 18:59:41 2013  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by FR ]  

Thanks Will, I am the same me, as always, those days of early varanid work, were very abrasive, people wise. When something different comes along, folks have a hard time with it.

Here is not different, theres folks doing A, and folks doing B. And of course folks doing AB. The recipe husbandry that you speak of is the difficult part. As its placing animals in a condition where you are limited as to what you can learn from them. And that's fine if you do not want to learn from them.

My envolvement here is only for those who do want to learn and enjoy the animals.
I think the future will HAVE to return to the animals, and the reason is simple. Breeders will run out of morphs that are different and they all become the same. So the interest returns to the animal and not the morph. As you know, been there done that.

The truth is, At first I am not abrasive, but if you attack me over and over, the only fun left is to stop turning the other cheek and have some fun back.
As Wildabouthogs stated, this place was and is dead. One of the first questions I asked was, is this forum a dying forum. The truth is, yes it is. And it was explained to me its dying because these and those bad people made it that way. Soon after, I became one of those bad people to be run off.

You know, once you run everyone off, all you can do is play with yourself. hahahahahahahaha So this place gets really quite. As you can see.

The reality is, its not my fault or Troys fault, its the fault of KS, for allowing all those others to be run off.

Again, its a discussion group, and as such, there is always differing opinions. Its the design. Its when it becomes someones personal property, that they make it personal.

WIth newbies, they do not ever want to be wrong, the only problem is again like you mentioned, we are always being wrong. All of us. Its part of the game. Again thanks

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: OT for Austin - caracal, Sat Aug 10 23:09:30 2013

<< Previous Message:  RE: OT for Austin - wohlerswi, Fri Aug 9 17:40:21 2013