return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Earth Day . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Here are some links.

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Hognose Snakes ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: wohlerswi at Sun Aug 11 14:53:53 2013  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by wohlerswi ]  

You can post as many links as you want, but fact is your links support what I tell you.

In layman's terms, poison is consumed, venom HAS to be injected to be considered venom, and toxins cover everything else (its broad because not everything fits into poison or venom). All venom is a toxin but not all toxins are venom. Does that make sense?

My hognose are the same as yours right? Mine dont inject toxins through hollow fangs. Do yours? While they might have glands, the problem with your use of the words is the way that TOXIN gets delivered. And in the case of hognose, its through the gums that the secrete toxins. The grooves in the fangs help enable the TOXIN to enter the victim. Totally different delivery system. Not venomous but toxic. Remember venom is a specific way of delivering a poison to a victim.

Im not trying to fight with anyone or cause problems. Your reply came off as very condescending, directed at me, when in fact I was nice in my post. And I didnt disagree with anything you said. I only disagreed with some terminology that some of you misuse.

You jumped on the guy below for "spreading" misinformation. We in fact you are doing the same thing with your misunderstanding of the words venom, poison, and toxin.

Will

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Here are some links. - caracal, Sun Aug 11 15:00:40 2013
>> Next Message:  One more point - wohlerswi, Sun Aug 11 15:13:53 2013

<< Previous Message:  RE: Here are some links. - Gregg_M_Madden, Sun Aug 11 14:33:38 2013