return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Polar Rodents - US based provider of frozen rats and mice.
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Venom, Fangs, and Herpetolgy...

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Hognose Snakes ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: caracal at Mon Aug 12 01:20:58 2013  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by caracal ]  

"Oh wait, I have figured it out. It is all about politics. But not government politics. It is your own political agenda. Your agenda is to protect you ability to keep, breed, and sell hognose snakes."

First of all, as I said earlier I'll go along with the accepted label of rear-fanged venomous - you seem to making this whole thread about that one bone of contention,(maybe that's the most convenient way for you to fight against other peoples' points of view, by ignoring anything else they have to say).
But with regards to the original sentiment and concern expressed by several people including myself, you're damned right, I believe we should exercise discretion to protect our ability to keep, breed, and sell hognose snakes.
Every link you brought says that the venom of hognoses is "medically insignificant" and that they make wonderful pets, so I can sleep peacefully with my stance.

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Hide Replies ]

>> Next topic:  Ot venomous hogs in the field. - FR, Mon Aug 12 10:13:31 2013
<< Previous topic:  Where's Troy gone? - caracal, Sun Aug 11 19:40:02 2013