return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Layne Labs - Natural Diets for Pets & Wildlife
pool banner - $50 year

RE: This will be fun...

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Hognose Snakes ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: wohlerswi at Tue Aug 13 08:10:09 2013  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by wohlerswi ]  

Gregg you are starting to get it. Its just a word, and yes in the zoological field you are taught that venom has to be injected. When I get a chance I will hunt down some information for you.

Fact is, its only a word. If you dont like the word, okay thats your prerogative. I have no ill agenda in trying to keep hogs listed as toxic as opposed to venomous. I keep and breed a lot of different species of snake, and I do see merit in letting customers know the potential hazards of any animal I sell. I was simply stating by zoological defination they arnt technically venomous. That opened a whole 'nother can of worms.

Like I said before all venoms are toxins, but not all toxins are venom. Just think about that statement objectively for a moment.

Gregg I think you will find we agree on more than you believe. You are simply getting upset with me because I made a statement you do not agree with. I dont agree with the way you come off on the forums sometimes, but do I flame you, or find personal issue with you? No, not at all. I would still have a beer with you and welcome friendly debates if you came to town. Hell I would still do business with you. Thats because I realize everyone is different, as well as everyone's approach to the same outcome is different. I for one am glad Troy posted what he did. It gives us another clear account of what the potential dangers are in keeping hogs.

But plain and simple hogs are still toxic

Will

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Yea they are toxic - FR, Tue Aug 13 09:39:38 2013
>> Next Message:  RE: But Will... - Gregg_M_Madden, Tue Aug 13 11:53:00 2013

<< Previous Message:  RE: This will be fun... - Gregg_M_Madden, Tue Aug 13 00:40:00 2013