return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Gecko . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Mar 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Mar 22, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Mar 23, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Tucson Herpetological Society Meeting - Mar 25, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Healthy Herp
pool banner - $50 year

The Guide to Honduran Milksnakes: Review

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Milk Snake Forum ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: brianm616 at Tue Aug 13 17:11:31 2013  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by brianm616 ]  

First off, I was lucky enough to have the authors allow me to preview this book and I'd like to thank Doug and Jimmy for this opportunity. And after reading through this 170 page book I have to say that it really doesn't disappoint whatsoever. The information has been laid out in a clear and concise manner and is depicted without any bias or preferential treatment. Whether you're a casual hobbyist or a serious breeder, this book has information on essentially everything you'll ever need to know to successfully keep and breed Honduran Milksnakes. It is a virtual compendium of colubrid history, husbandry, and genetic knowledge.

Even with the more difficult concepts, like heritability, the genetics chapter explains things clearly and simply. This serves the next few chapters very well (mutations, multiple mutations, and line-bred morphs) and for those who like pretty pictures, the book is replete with them.

In my honest opinion, this book should be viewed as the ultimate guide to milksnakes; in a similar manner to how Hubbs' book is to getula kings.

It's an amazing achievement to have assembled this book in the way they did. I also think this is the first Lampro book that doesn't have at least one picture that's been incorrectly labeled

-----
westmextricolors.wix.com/west1

i work with tri-colored west mexican lampropeltis. some morph, some hobby, and some locale.

everyone is entitled to their options, but no one's opinion will ever change how i feel about the snakes i keep and breed.

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  I can't wait to see it at Daytona! - RG, Tue Aug 13 20:03:09 2013
>> Next Message:  RE: The Guide to Honduran Milksnakes: Review - Dniles, Tue Aug 13 20:06:33 2013
>> Next Message:  RE: The Guide to Honduran Milksnakes: Review - AaronBayer, Wed Aug 14 08:05:09 2013
>> Next Message:  RE: The Guide to Honduran Milksnakes: Review - joecop, Wed Aug 14 19:34:46 2013
>> Next Message:  RE: The Guide to Honduran Milksnakes: Review - SunHerp, Thu Aug 15 15:49:53 2013 image in post