return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

RE: i found her tweak...

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Hognose Snakes ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: FR at Sat Aug 17 08:14:13 2013  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by FR ]  

Congrats, interesting but the discussion was, not all hogs are suppose to succeed. I suggested it was support. Since I came here I recommended hotter temps, better yet, a choice of hotter temps.

I only mention this as that same "hotter" choice would be BENEFITUAL to all your hogs.

In the field, we find body temps, which are normally lower then the air temps, well into the mid ninties. (remember, temporarily)(when out on the move)

heres a way to think about this and I mean think. All hogs benefit from a higher heat range, some individuals, do not tolerate lower temps as well as others. All these hogs in nature have access to temps in the mid 150's F. for most of the year(most of the year in the north is over six months, and the whole year in the south)

Now if you supported that animal with a larger cage and supported temps near the heat pad to 100F, that hog would take and quickly digest large meals and grow like a weed and reach a large size and produce lots of offspring.

OT, I know you don't like me and I don't blame you, but again, its not about me or you, its about the animals, WE ALL PUT IN BOXES.

The Trend here is, taking everything away from the animal, to the bare minimum. And that is YOUR choice, I would think it would be fun to actually offer more then the minimum.

In the pics I show of these beautiful animals in nature, there is no such minimum. They have the choice to do so many things and its so much fun to see the things they are designed to do.

Which means, you can have your cake(morphs) and eat it too(enjoy the individuals actual personality and behavior) end of off topic rant.

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: recipe husbandry part 2 - FR, Sat Aug 17 09:07:03 2013

<< Previous Message:  i found her tweak... - geckoejon, Sat Aug 17 04:22:08 2013