return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Layne Labs - Natural Diets for Pets & Wildlife
$50 banner pool - click here

RE: Your other lizards

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Monitors ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: FR at Fri Sep 6 08:39:33 2013  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by FR ]  

Stop all your BS, If you think I am wrong, Prove it. Because all your doing is calling names like a child.

Again, maybe you should go back to school. Because in school you learn from those before you. Yet in everyday life, you don't cite your kindergarden teacher for teaching you.

There were two key learning lessons in my life, both came from school, one was in high school. A group of biology teachers and a college mill and cabinet teacher in school. The rest was great, but those were two areas that formed me and my thinking.

The teachers at the time were not controlled and restricted, as they are now. The bio teachers, taught me facts and how to dream, to dream about what could be. The mill and cabinet teacher taught me to not be restricted by current tools/life.

He did that by giving us a project, planning, blueprints, etc. Then you turn your project in. Hmmmmmm mine was a full working recurve bow. Then the teacher returned our papers and instructed us to make the tools, to build our projects. Sir, that was the best lesson ever. And that teacher was just a woodshop teacher of no name. He deserves all my credit for being inventive.

The bio teacher would give us a lesson in biology, then turn the lites out and tell us to think and to dream and to wonder. I guess in a sense, I was hypnotized, to be like I am. As I would dream of animals and what they are, what they really are. I learned, the animals are the book. Not any paper book.

So when it comes to captivity, keeping and breeding was never an accomplishment to me. IT was a relief. As these animals have been doing what those things for thousands of years, without me, or you, or any of us. In a sense, WE STOP THEM. All I ever tried to do was, NOT STOP THEM. Then to promote their abilities. end part 1

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Hide Replies ]

>> Next topic:  Taming Question - zippybomb, Sat Sep 7 00:19:38 2013
<< Previous topic:  Cage design help - zippybomb, Sun Aug 11 15:35:16 2013