return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Layne Labs - Natural Diets for Pets & Wildlife
$50 banner pool - click here

RE: part 2

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Monitors ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: FR at Fri Sep 6 08:57:18 2013  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by FR ]  

I am sure others thought of it, or did it, but like with anything else, my timing was right and I did it in a big way. If I copied anyone, it was the monkey ladies, Fossey and Goodall. They taught me to let animals accept me. And not push me on them. This includes husbandry.

Take varanids, I did that in a big way, and that's what angers varaphiles, as I am not a varaphile. I am a field herper. Who loves animals. I use and used captivity to test what I see in nature. WHAT I SEE. that is important.

When asked where I came up with something, I report where I came up with it, if possible, the moment the epiphany hit me. I am sorry.

That you want me to say something else is really weird and childish of you. That I did not read what your reading, is good, as it did not confine me. If you know my history. I purposely try to not be guided by people, right wrong or indifferent. I am guided by the animals, right wrong or indifferent.

What I did, was so very simplistic and based on the animals, take retes boards(I did not name them) I took that from snakes using AC in nature, simple as it is, worked there, should work here. Didn't take it from your mentors.

Temps, that's easy, from nature. No reptile lives in a place of optimum temps, they all come from areas, hotter and cooler, and work their needs from that. How they work out their needs defines them.(not me)

Deep substrate, hmmmmmmm came for years of digging up reptiles. How friggin simple is that. Not sure I needed all your mentors help with those. But if they thought of it. Great, I did meet and have many conversations with Roger Conant. In fact, he taught me a lesson, he taught me to not report undiscribed species. As all that will come from that is harm to the animals. Those are his words.

Your like me, only you do not have faith in yourself, go do something Ben, something all your own. If you do, you will not even think of me. Cheers

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Hide Replies ]

>> Next topic:  Taming Question - zippybomb, Sat Sep 7 00:19:38 2013
<< Previous topic:  Cage design help - zippybomb, Sun Aug 11 15:35:16 2013