return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Horned Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

ball python banner pool - click here

ball python banner pool - click here

More on FB auctions.

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Ball Pythons ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: TheTruth at Wed Jan 1 20:11:21 2014  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by TheTruth ]  

First let me say I'm not trying to ruin anybody's auctions if you are actually getting good money. Almost every price I'm seeing though I believe almost all of you could get that same number with a call or two to any number of flippers. Even more in most cases.

I'm going to help all you auction newbies out now. You may ask why since I want them to die, but if you follow me, you know I have my reasons.

First, NEVER EVER bid first. Never bid second. Never ever bid until the last five minutes. People get competitive in auctions and this drives the price up. Have any of you watched storage wars? The pro Dave Hester NEVER bids first. He's always last and that's not for the show. Any pro will tell you this. You can try and blow your comp away with a high bid out of the gate, but it's better to bid near the auctions end. That's even if there's a time limit between the last bids.

I realize some of you can't bid the last five minutes. If you can't bid the last five minutes you don't really want the snake do you?

Second, pay close attention to the bidders. I have seen one big breeder that is clearly running up the bids with friends and people that work for him. Watch that closely. Watch if bids from these friends all of a sudden disappear. When you catch the cheater/cheaters make sure you call him out. This type of thing is done in auctions worldwide. If you ever go to an auction make sure you stand in the back. There's a good chance the auctioneer will run up the price pretending someone behind you is bidding. He makes more money this way and some items have a price they need to reach before they'll sell. This has nothing to do with FB snake auctions, but just thought I'd help you.

Last, there have two other respected breeders that have just recently posted about their dislike of auctions. One was Colin Weaver and the other was Mr. . If you've ever read anything Colin says you can tell he's knows a little about business. Brian has been doing this as long as anyone and has built a snake empire. That's two smart people and one guy that's been called every derogatory name in the book. Oh yeah, these were the hillbillies and desert defenders. They clearly have zero credibility. So lets' just say that's two smart guys and one that knows a little something about this business.

I promise all of you that are doing these auctions I'm not trying to ruin your business. I think Brian, Colin and I are only trying to help the future of the business. Since you can't call me(yet), call Brian or Colin and at least hear them out.

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: More on FB auctions. - TheTruth, Wed Jan 1 20:13:56 2014
>> Next Message:  RE: More on FB auctions. - AllBalledUp, Sat Jan 4 12:18:11 2014
>> Next Message:  RE: More on FB auctions. - billz, Mon Jul 14 17:01:09 2014