return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Such a disappointment....

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Box Turtles ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: vichris at Tue Mar 18 17:30:46 2014  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by vichris ]  

>>The last post to this forum is Nov. 2013? Are people losing interest in box turtles, this forum, both or what?

People have lost interest and have been hassled and harassed by Govt. interests brought on by the stupidity and foolishness of the BIG snake owners. I saw this coming years ago and sold off most of my selection of colubrid snakes. I still keep a handful of snakes and my box turtles.

The big snake owners have systematically destroyed our hobby. No one but a handful of us would speak out against them. The idiots brought down suspicion and scrutiny of our entire hobby. Our hobby is now highly regulated. KS.com used to be a bustling forum. Now its a pittance of what it once was.

The reticulated/rock/Burmese python owner-breeders have jack up the entire hobby. Look around at the different reptile/amphibian forums. Most of them have just a handful of post over an entire year. Look back in the archives of some of these forums and you will note how much more activity there was just a few years ago.

If some of you are offended by this TOO BAD. I call it like I see it.

-----
Vichris
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane"- Marcus Aurelius

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

<< Previous Message:  Such a disappointment.... - edmund, Thu Feb 20 18:47:37 2014