return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

RE: 4 days out of brumation and I have e

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Hognose Snakes ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: FR at Wed Mar 26 14:27:53 2014  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by FR ]  

While my normal winter observation areas are natural, with hogs unless I discover some unique areas, I would have to build something and that would be interference, but I may if given permission.
Back to the peer reviewed question, my bet is theres a lot of work done and published on wintering sites. Even some with cameras, if I remember correctly or was told correctly, some of the original camera work was done back east on timbers. So please, go have a look, see what you can find.

As it is, I have done my own work and have been on other field studies where winter activity was reported. So its not new to me.

Lastly peer reviewed is limited by tools and direction of study. And of course, money. Theres is lots and lots and lots of ACTUAL real data that has escaped those information areas. My bet is, there will be more added each and every year, all stuff not in there now. The harsh reality is, cutting edge research is always ahead of data bases, peered reviewed or not.
Of real interest is how Mtdna methods were discovered. Look it up.
CONTEXT, this is a discussion board and any and all information here, has nothing to do with peer reviewed or not. I have lots of storied on the areas between peer reviewed and discovery if your interested.

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: So Dan - FR, Fri Mar 28 11:02:54 2014

<< Previous Message:  RE: 4 days out of brumation and I have e - FR, Wed Mar 26 14:09:09 2014