return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Earth Day . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Little Boxie, what will we do with you..

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Box Turtles ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: vichris at Fri Mar 28 07:38:15 2014  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by vichris ]  

>>So, my mom rescued a three-toed a few months ago while I was at school. The person giving up the turtle said they had been feeding it hamburger meat (what?!), and that's it. Despite this, the turtle looks really good and is about 4 inches long.
>>
>>The problem is, he won't eat. Anything. She has tried everything and I have tried more. He has been "hibernating" for about 4 months now (we live in Southern California, he definitely doesn't need to be), we soak him every few weeks and offer food but to no avail. I've tried red wrigglers, night crawlers, snails, strawberries, crickets, blueberries, bell pepper, various greens, dandelions, squash, and pumpkin. Nothing. I was hoping he would eventually come out and begin moving around, but that doesn't seem to be the case any more.
>>
>>I have another 3T and an eastern that I raise indoors. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on gettin' this guy to break his hunger strike. I could take him in doors, put a light on him like the others have, and make him stay awake.
>>
>>Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
>>
>>Thanks
>>Andrew
>>

A leopard gecko????

You should check out this thread from 2010.........

http://forums.kingsnake.com/view.php?id=1801926,1801926

Search the forum from a few years back and there's a thread somewhere about "turtle balls". That is mostly what I feed my turtles. Venison, berries, turtle sticks, spinach, sweet potato, an egg, pumpkin, leafy veggies, squash, all of these go into my turtle balls. Box Turtles are very carnivorous.

-----
Vichris
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane"- Marcus Aurelius

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Hide Replies ]

>> Next topic:  7Up - vichris, Wed Apr 2 23:02:20 2014
<< Previous topic:  Turtle up....... - vichris, Sat Mar 8 09:02:42 2014