return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Layne Labs - Natural Diets for Pets & Wildlife
pool banner - $50 year

RE: kingsnake bonding

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Kingsnake Forum ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: snakekate at Tue Apr 22 15:17:59 2014  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by snakekate ]  

Haha, saying what one 'knows' is the only way to get a response on here sometimes I am not that young, I should have clarified, I have been breeding kingsnakes for 10 years, I have been studying herps alot longer. They fascinate me and are my entire life. Im sure you can relate. I also have a few connects of my own(scientifically) and have learned alot about the snake brain. There are some un-disputable facts regarding the snake brain, that new herpers should know. Like you guys said, it has taken YEARS to learn what you know, and most of us have to start with the basics before advancing to the level of bonding. It may be simple to you, but to others it can be misinterpreted. The one thing that I hear from you guys repeatedly is it took you more than 10 years to think outside the box. But you still had to start with the basics inside the box to advance to your level.
And in my area, we don't have king snakes, so I can only relay what I have learned from my captives. I am usually out observing and documenting garter and water snakes, but also milk snakes, fox snakes dekays snake. 90% of the time they are alone. But when they are together, its by their choice. I have even found different species sharing space(a little awkwardly)and if I am really lucky sometimes I find garter dens. Its amazing what you can learn from a mass amount of garter snakes. Especially if you return through the season, there is a set pattern of behavior they repeat year after year. I have no doubt snakes have colonizing behavior, we as humans just need to be very careful how we duplicate it, and if we can. My kings may be so far from there native land and bred so many times, they may have adapted their behavior to be loners. I'm telling you, if you saw they're behavior, you would know what i mean. They are very threatened by other kings. And while I don't have the wealth of knowledge you guys have, I do know bonding is brilliant, but not for the inexperienced.

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: kingsnake bonding - Bluerosy, Tue Apr 22 15:49:56 2014

<< Previous Message:  RE: kingsnake bonding - willstill, Tue Apr 22 15:10:09 2014