return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Layne Labs - Natural Diets for Pets & Wildlife
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Another nesting thread

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Kingsnake Forum ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: FR at Tue Apr 29 09:04:24 2014  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by FR ]  

Congrats, but that's not the best way to test. By dividing the cage up, it takes away from choices, it does not add to it.
yes, it worked. But I would have fill the whole cage and placed you other boxes on top. And yes, I always put the snakes cage furniture in the laying cage.
So is that the first time you had a snake lay that quickly and how does she look? Now try feeding her all she will eat and see what happens.
To actually be a test, you should have set up each female in a different type cage and then measured the results.
As you go on, you can measure the amount of weight loss with each method. That would reflect the stress on the female.
Anyway, after I found this method, I attempted to test methods like you did and found it confusing. It appears, over the long period, size is important. How big is a 100 gallon tank, If I remember correctly, its pretty big. Anyway congrats for giving it a go and have fun from now on. Oh what species, corn snakes?

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Another nesting thread - AaronBayer, Tue Apr 29 09:19:41 2014

<< Previous Message:  Another nesting thread - AaronBayer, Tue Apr 29 08:32:57 2014