return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

RE: common sense

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Kingsnake Forum ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: Bluerosy at Wed Apr 30 15:37:48 2014  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by Bluerosy ]  

I think the point that FR is trying to make is these Cali kings are tough.. They don't "stress" as much as some of us think.

Sometimes FR make his piont in a strong way and goes overboard with his passion to make US THINK! Sometimes a reaction is better than no reaction.. SO don't take it personal Aaron. It is all about making us think.

Back in the 80's we used to take hard stubborn feeders for a drive in our cars. That is how we would get them to eat.. to stimulate a feeding response. While I do not understand this "stimuli" to eat. It worked.. and worked many times for many herpers back then.

So maybe what we think as stress may not be stress (for this particular species of snake)but other things that are stress we don't consider.

Basically Kingsnakes and their eggs are as tough as they can get *shakes head*. Their eggs can get pretty cold and you don't have to worry about placing them in their incubation boxes right side up ect.

Also when I ship neonate Florida kingsnake to folks, I ask that they feed their kings the first day they arrive.. Even in winter!@.. I tell them just to heat them up and they will eat and settle in (rather than wait for several days or a week by leaving them alone-as if that actually helps the snake!) Most people don't understand this and the few that have not taken my advice found some problems with feeding after waiting a week -surprise surprise!~

these kings can take some handling as long as they are supported in other ways discussed in these threads in the past week.
-----
FR quote:
"Doing the same things over and over expecting to learn something else, is the definition of insanity"

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Hide Replies ]

>> Next topic:  Speckled Kings - ssshane, Wed Apr 30 12:08:23 2014
<< Previous topic:  Another nesting thread - AaronBayer, Tue Apr 29 08:32:57 2014