return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
RodentPro.com - feeders for less!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

RE: HELP! Female not eating, weird poop.

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Hognose Snakes ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: FR at Fri May 9 09:09:05 2014  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by FR ]  

Heres the point, why are we happy with "works" How about what works better, then better. You see in nature, the "better" is normal. What barely works is what we force on them. Its not their "normal" choice.

I have a friend who breeds a few hogs and did not have problems, This year, he filled a ten gallon tank with substrate. He put his female in just before she shed. The female dug around, shed, disappeared and laid the night she shed. The next day the female did not come up, he was impatient and dug in the cage. He was all excited when he reported this to me. He said, I found a perfect cave full of eggs. Then found the female at the very bottom. He said, the female looked normal like she never laid.
While many of you think "odd" things about me. I think and feel and have faith that once you see this work right. You, each of you enjoy it so much that and you see the health and behavior benefits. You then fall in love with nesting. In that, I am no different then the rest of you. To see/observe what they do. ITs what they do. Its wonderful.
Not only is it better for the animals, its also better for the keeper. The females are stronger, do not require time to regain weight, as they simply do not lose much, some water weight that's regained the first day. They move right on to growth and more clutches. And both at the same time.
part 1

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: p2, where I do get weird - FR, Fri May 9 09:41:12 2014

<< Previous Message:  RE: HELP! Female not eating, weird poop. - Gregg_M_Madden, Thu May 8 17:58:27 2014