return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

When to consider cutting

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Bearded Dragons ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: Jwerner2 at Sun May 11 08:46:38 2014  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by Jwerner2 ]  

Hey guys got a question. My eggs are 70 days old now. Candling up until recently showed great development and even movement. The last few days I have seen no movement when candling but I noticed they have positioned the heads near the top.

The temps have been a near steady 86 degrees F. Thats what sorta concerns me. A moderate to slightly higher temp but its taking longer for them to hatch. Now the other day one of the eggs did break open. It was one that had a noticeably thinner shell. Nearly transparent in parts. He was coming out back first so I decided to give him a shot at life and cut. After cutting he came out but his yolk sac was huge. Needles to say he didnt make it till the next day. Im thinking the egg broke because of it being so thin but Im on the fence as to what to do with the rest of the clutch. Part of me says he was underdeveloped in general but part of me says the others may also have not dissolved their yolk sacs as much either.

Any suggestions or just support would be great. My concern is that they will be in for to long and the one that was premature was simply less developed in general.

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Hide Replies ]

• You Are HereWhen to consider cutting - Jwerner2, Sun May 11 08:46:38 2014

>> Next topic:  Female dragon won't stop eating - lareena, Tue May 20 18:47:52 2014
<< Previous topic:  Getting a free beardie - have a few q's - FloatingSquash, Mon Apr 7 15:38:27 2014