return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

Small tank, sick skink?

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Skinks ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: wething2 at Mon May 12 11:12:14 2014  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by wething2 ]  

Hey everyone I have a concern about my schneider's skink. He usually lives in a 55 gallon terrarium and is a good eater. I used to feed him crickets regularly but now he's getting kind of old and slow (he's at least 15 yrs old, possibly older since I don't know how old he was when I got him) so I've been giving him superworms instead with for the last couple months which he seems to enjoy. My issue is that I had to move him temporarily to a 10 gallon tank for the past week, as I'm moving into a new smaller place and we haven't yet cleared a space for the huge tank. He didn't seem happy by any means about the reduction in space but he was acting normal until the last 3 days or so. The last couple days he hasn't been eating much and what he did eat on saturday I just saw that he threw up this morning and it didn't look digested at all...now he doesn't seem to be moving as much as normal and just seems rather lethargic. I've done my best to keep the temperature regulated to what he normally has, around 85-90 basking spot during the peak hours of the day and 75ish at morning and night (but i don't think its as regular as the 55 gallon because its hard to regulate with such a small space). I'm really concerned that either the shock of moving or the lack of space is making him sick. However it's also possible that he's just getting old...or a combination of both. I can't really go back to my parents house to get the 55 gallon until this weekend but now I'm kind of freaking out and wondering if I should try and clear my schedule to get it here sooner. Any help or insight on what to do would be appreciated. Thanks!!

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Small tank, sick skink? - reptilelover100, Fri Jul 17 15:36:17 2015