return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Layne Labs - Natural Diets for Pets & Wildlife
pool banner - $50 year

RE: DavidM85 pics as you requested

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Hognose Snakes ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: nasicus at Wed May 14 23:24:25 2014  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by nasicus ]  

12h x 18w x 12d. I bought these from tarantulahomes.com but his site is down now. However tarantulacages.com makes the same thing but 2 inches wider. You can customize the number and location of vents to suit your needs. A bit pricey but well worth putting them on display and watching them dig around. You get to SEE what they are doing underground from time to time. all of mine always make a hollowed out area to stay in. They all do this for me. They remind me of a trap door spider in a lot of ways.

The one pictured is a big female. She comes up a few times a day to set in her skull of doom and survey her turf. I like how fast she comes up when I open the cage to feed or change the water. I have a heat pad on the bottom and spider robotics thermostat to control the temps. It gets fairly warm here and the humidity is always on the higher side of life. No dehydration here

When I first fill the cage with moss its almost full to the top. it slowly compacts over time to what you see here. Then its time for a complete change of substrate.

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: DavidM85 pics as you requested - DISCERN, Thu May 15 00:45:23 2014

<< Previous Message:  RE: DavidM85 pics as you requested - Austin12, Wed May 14 22:51:25 2014