return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Healthy Herp
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Very odd indeed...

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Hognose Snakes ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: FR at Mon Jun 16 11:11:53 2014  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by FR ]  

No offense, you insult yourself. I talk about animals, and many here make it about them as a person. Sir, that is the first hurdle one needs to understand, if you want to learn. Husbandry is about animals. Its not personal, or about an individual human. Unless that human wants it to be.
The first response is when people make something personal, is to attack. All you have to do is, observe what happens. An example, Gregg and I both mentioned, hogs can nest the night after they shed. The first response is, your nuts, your an a hole, your this or that. That's where crap happens. Hogs can and do lay the night after they shed. The hows and whys and the whos, are all up to discussion. But folks do not want to discuss, they WANT TO FIGHT. So forgive me, I indeed grew up fighting, Boxed, wrestled thru AAU and college. So I am all in, if that's what they want me to do. I was a white kid raised in Watts, what the heck do you expect from me?
Of interest, many of you want information that you do not understand, to be given to you, ON YOUR TERMS. Hmmmmmmmmmm you want to be placated. Sadly, its not on your terms if and only if, you do not understand it. And Sadly, the best way to fail is to play on someone elses terms. Yes, I understand, humans want to play on a level playing field. Again sadly, the field is never level. And that sir is the problem here. Folks on a rack system forum, want everyone to be the same. Again, most folks want to be patted on the back. I do not do that. I do congratulate folks for work well done. But this, your the man, crap, ain't going to happen. To me, when we succeed well, that's because of the snakes, when we fail, its our fault. People here act as it they are responsible for snakes reproducing, Sadly they are wrong, they are responsible for getting in the way of what these wonderful animals do naturally. Their specific design is to reproduce and they have done so for thousands of years. We get no credit for that.

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Very odd indeed... - nasicus, Wed Jun 18 07:55:39 2014

<< Previous Message:  RE: Very odd indeed... - VanPerry, Fri Jun 13 11:38:03 2014