return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
click here for Rodent Pro  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Earth Day . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Ambient temps vs nesting temps.

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Hognose Snakes ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: FR at Wed Jun 18 10:48:42 2014  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by FR ]  

Actually I would if you would say something important. Or even an opinion, which you did a little above. But when you go back and forth about me or that or this or whatever, I assume, you have nothing to say. That seems important to you.
We all have our opinions, and opinions backed by experience. Your welcome to yours, but please, in order to have a conversation, you must offer your opinions, and reasons behind them. Which you do not do. You simply say, I believe this, I believe that. Guess what, that is not important, whats important is YOUR REASONS for believing what you believe.
After all this, I believe, you have a passion for this, but have a lot to learn in problem solving. Which is what this is. husbandry is problem solving.
Its also like fighting, with fighting, its important to know your opponent. Not just know yourself, but understand your opponent.
With husbandry, its important to understand the subject. The animal. Its here, I feel your very weak. You want it to be about you. You do this, you do that, you think this and that. While that is part of it. You seem to and many do, treat the subject, the snakes, like they have zero ability. My little rant above was to show, they not only have ability, but more, extreme ability to accomplish their goals. They can accomplish their goals, in spite of, predators, parasites, harsh adverse conditions, etc, including tiny fragile hatchlings. While you dwell on mechanics. You know, temps and humidity. They do not dwell on that in the least. Whats important to these wonderful snakes, IS HOW TO GET THOSE basic needs. They have thousands of years of refining, on how to get them. Their refining is very harsh. Make a mistake and your dead. Those basics you pick, thems and such, are as Gregg mentioned, very universal to snakes. All species are within a few degrees, what makes them different, is HOW they acquire those basic conditions. I hope you can keep up. I am jumping ahead. pt1

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE:hognose snakes - FR, Wed Jun 18 10:59:45 2014

<< Previous Message:  RE: Ambient temps vs nesting temps. - caracal, Tue Jun 17 22:12:07 2014