return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Healthy Herp
pool banner - $50 year

Anaconda/Triple poss het clutch !!

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Hognose Snakes ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: caracal at Sat Jun 28 22:53:49 2014  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by caracal ]  

First pic:

My first natrix hatched out
I wish hogs were this quick!
36 days at 82 degrees - where are these guys rushing to?

Second pic:

DH Lavender/Hypo male bred to Anaconda 100% Albino female.

I'm not aiming for the triple. I'm going to put any anacondas produced from this clutch into both my Lavender/Hypo project and my Coral project - I'd be delighted with just lavender anacondas, but I hope to score with one of the doubles.

Incidentally, this female laid at 14 days after shed, 10 eggs and 1 slug.
She was completely relaxed for the first 13 days, mostly in the aspen that you'll see in my previous posts.
On the last day, she ventured out of the open tub and explored the 8 inches of coconut in the 19 gallon tub.
From what I've observed, it seems very normal for the females to feel the urge to find the right spot in the last 24 hour stretch and I don't view it as a negative.
She then laid the eggs and all went smoothly.
She showed zero interest in laying till that last day, in fact she was mostly inactive.
One of the successful hognose breeders who I greatly respect told me most of his females lay at 7 days plus.

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  Nice job. Congrats. - nasicus, Sun Jun 29 00:18:42 2014
>> Next Message:  RE: Anaconda/Triple poss het clutch !! - FR, Sun Jun 29 18:59:30 2014