return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Horned Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

When faced with questions from below

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Hognose Snakes ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: FR at Thu Jul 3 10:41:41 2014  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by FR ]  

Of course Caracal, what do you think I should do? Change my direction because you ask a question.
Please understand, My theories and my facts, are mine based on what I have done and observed and read. Yours are yours. I would not think anything said on the internet should change that. Not from me or Gregg or you.
1. I form hypothesis and test them. This nesting thing is based on need, which I mentioned, many folks have problems with their hogs becoming egg bound. NOT YOU, OTHERS.
2. I have lots of experience with snakes, torts, lizards, decreasing and eliminating egg binding, by the use of proper nesting. The results also increase the health and strength of the females, post deposition.
3. I have seen hog nests in nature. I know the composition and its the polar opposite of whats commonly used here.

So any halfway scientific person, would have probable cause to test different materials and actually see what does what.
1. sphagnum moss. Foreign to hognose habitat, very acidic, but is lite and holds water.
2. coco puff and sand mix, neutral and means most normal criteria for nesting captive snakes.
3. the most interesting is, taking material from exactly where my genetic animals were collected and nests were found.
Test all three, quantify(which means do it many times) and compare. Sir, that is what I am DOING.
You can also participate and test such things as store bought sand, or sand from southern hog or eastern hog habitats. Or not do anything and sit and watch, it would be nice if you participated. That's your choice. There is nothing that you say that will effect what I am doing, unless you participate. What you think is up to you, what you do is up to you. That all this has to be explained to you, is all about you.

Such evidence as the material in this picture, an in situ female hog. Supports cause to test that material. pt1

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: When faced with questions pt1 - FR, Thu Jul 3 11:20:31 2014
>> Next Message:  correction for FR... WARNING CHEMISTRY!! - nasicus, Thu Jul 3 18:46:33 2014