return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Polar Rodents - US based provider of frozen rats and mice.
pool banner - $50 year

RE: When faced with questions pt1

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Hognose Snakes ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: FR at Thu Jul 3 11:20:31 2014  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by FR ]  

Such pictures as this, indicate to me, this material is what they use.

It does not take a genius to understand, this is not sphagnum moss. This is EXACTLY where my hogs are from, so my testing is in context to what is natural to them.
What westerns do or use is most likely closely related, but another story. I will test this with westerns in the future. Or you can beat me to the punch and do it now. You have the ability(at least I made the mistake of thinking you do)
At this time, I am testing what I know works well with other colubrid species, then I will compare these results to the materials above. I most likely will test sphagnum last, as so many of you use it and the results are available.
What you do here, attempting to discredit, dismiss theories, is STUPID. First off, you do not have to be smart to do this, ITS SIMPLE. You do not have to be an advanced field biologist to test this, ITS SIMPLE. You do not need to have some complicated theory, hypothesis to test this. ITS SIMPLE.

Please understand, this is a simple test, based on real and basic evidence. The worse case result would be, my hogs lay eggs in sand, no differently then in sphagnum. I am willing to take that risk. Best case, I will be lucky enough to observe species specific behaviors based on hognose adaptions and behavior. Even luckier would be, it improves nesting and depositing of eggs, and lowers the chance of egg binding.

Edited on July 4, 2014 at 08:08:58 by admin.

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: The important, PT 3 - FR, Thu Jul 3 11:51:42 2014

<< Previous Message:  When faced with questions from below - FR, Thu Jul 3 10:41:41 2014