return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Polar Rodents - US based provider of frozen rats and mice.
$50 banner pool - click here

RE: Calico mutation expressed via Anthrax

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Reticulated Pythons ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: 36knuck at Fri Jul 4 04:40:33 2014  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by 36knuck ]  

NERD's Calico Tiger is likely the only other double morph calico in existence. The fact that two sibling anthrax sisters are transforming into calicos may indicate the possibility of an actual calico gene that can be passed on and expressed in the anthrax mutation. This could end up being a big event in the world of retic morph breeding because it may be the beginning of calico production on demand, something that until now has seemed just another unattainable "holy grail". The value of the calico will likely skyrocket as well as the vessel of it's expression-the Anthrax mutation, because for the first time the Calico mutation will be produced by choice and not only by random chance.
Due to age and health limitations I may not be able to pursue this project to it's completion and because of this I have several animals available including the Anthrax Tiger female, graniteback tiger pairs, graniteback supertiger male, and the original gb tiger adult parents. I had planned to post photos of everything, including the anthrax calicos but I 'm unfamiliar with the procedure involved and will have to email photos to those interested. My email address is 36knuck at sbcglobal dot net.

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Hide Replies ]

>> Next topic:  LACEY ACT- SNAKE CROSSING STATE LINES - chadworld, Tue Aug 12 00:35:20 2014
<< Previous topic:  help me ID this retic type platty aneryn - californiasnakes, Sun Dec 8 13:36:16 2013