return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Polar Rodents - US based provider of frozen rats and mice.
pool banner - $50 year

RE: correction...

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Hognose Snakes ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: FR at Tue Jul 22 09:35:00 2014  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by FR ]  

This is what is confusing to me, And its not against anyone, it is just what it is.
Caracal has some odd approach to this conversation. He keeps saying, I spoke to this or that person and they said this or that. He does not use names, so no one can check and see for themselves. This is heresay, as no names, no details are given.
I took spend the weekend of the 4th of July, talking to and herping with a BIG TIME BREEDER, he produces aprox 11,000 colubrids a year. He is the originater and owner of this company. I asked if they produced hogs, he said yes, both westerns and kennerlyi. So I asked nesting details. He said they put a nesting box in the cage. I asked at what time, he said, I don't know. Then he said, his hognose were inconsistent. They get some but not like other colubrids which produce like rodents. They keep them in the same setup and conditions, but do not respond nearly as well as KINGS AND CORNS. No other details were given.
Which like Caracals heresay, is meaningless to this conversation. Unless they are doing exactly what we are talking about, their information is useless. The exact point is, my good friend simply did not care about deep nesting etc. They either fit into what they do, or they will put something else in those cages.
The point of this forum is, we are lucky enough to get information from the horses mouth. In this case, Gregg is a big time hog breeder and he says one thing. With my experience with other species, I totally agree with Gregg and from my recent experience, my axanthic laid at most likely the third day, but I did not dig them up until the 5th day. There was no vascular development when laid. Which is consistant with all other colubrids I produced over the last 50 years.
The advantage of this forum is, we all can tell exactly what our experiences are. So far, its 2 to 1. pt1

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: 2 to 1, - FR, Tue Jul 22 10:23:38 2014

<< Previous Message:  RE: correction... - Gregg_M_Madden, Tue Jul 22 07:55:29 2014