return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Colubrids . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Lyre Snake . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - May 25, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - May 25, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Tucson Herpetological Society Meeting - May 27, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - June 01, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - June 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

RE: About Caracal

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Hognose Snakes ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: FR at Wed Jul 23 09:34:56 2014  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by FR ]  

While he is doing a great job with his hogs, his problem is not snake related. How or why he thinks everything said is aimed at him is an issue not related to snake husbandry. On this forum, he has a confidence issue.
I have to say this, and it does not need to be said. When my captives are doing great, big clutches, double clutching or more, growing fast and strong, I could careless what any of you, or the any author or any big time breeder say. And I could careless what I say or think. I go with it. They the snakes TEACH me, I do not teach them.
In Caracals case, he has two issues, as far as I can see, one is how long it takes his females to deposit eggs, and, Egg retention, that requires palpation to remove. The amount of days, does not matter as long as his animals and eggs are fine, but retaining eggs does matter. That he rationalizes it does not, is on him. Naturally any female that retains eggs, is erased from existence.
The point is, if those females of his have more problems in the future, perish from reproductive issues, he will be aware of what caused it. Why folks fight tooth and claw over information, they do not have to use, own, utilize, is totally beyond me. Why they think needling, twisting and turning, all in an effort to find a weak spot, is not about snakes, its all about WINNING a debate, which sadly the snakes then become a tool for human ego.
To answer your question, Both Gregg and I have observed eggs deposited within the five day mark and they have Zero vascular development, next year, or next clutch, I will take pics and that back that up. Thank you for this conversation.

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: About Caracal - caracal, Wed Jul 23 09:42:33 2014

<< Previous Message:  RE: Another note..... - FR, Wed Jul 23 09:13:58 2014