return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Horned Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

RE: applied husbandry

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Hognose Snakes ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: FR at Sun Aug 3 09:15:42 2014  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by FR ]  

At this time Caracal, you have beat the horse to death. You attack the keepers who are only trying to help you. And keep attacking and attacking. Caracal, we are only trying to help you. If you do not want help, then don't do it. At this point, all that's left is you do something.
What you posted looked as good as others have reported here. Its plenty deep and the nestings looked wonderful. So I do not see a problem. I think if your still having some females hold eggs a bit longer then others reported, you may want to adjust some parts of your method. Like use boxes where lite cannot penetrate to the substrate. Or keep your boxes in total darkness. Or adjust the materials. Eco earth, seems to work ok, but not great. Try different combinations, like 80% sand to eco earth. Which may be my next test. I have two females in pre nesting shed now. So I will again use, 50/50 like the first time, the female laid in three to five days. The other cage will be sand from exactly where that female came from. I may mix in some eco earth to keep in liter.(pure sand packs over time) Not sure yet, which I end up doing. But it will be today. If the sand feels good when I put it in the box, then that's what I will do.
So Caracal, stop with attacking folks who are only trying to help you, nothing good can come from that. You now live in a country where you do not have to do anything or believe anything you do not want to.(in some small way) Have a great day

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

<< Previous Message:  RE: applied husbandry - FR, Sun Aug 3 09:01:21 2014