return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Horned Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Polar Rodents - US based provider of frozen rats and mice.
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Ummm FR

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Hognose Snakes ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: Gregg_M_Madden at Wed Aug 6 07:37:24 2014  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by Gregg_M_Madden ]  

Nasicus,
I am not defending or anything here. Just going to tell you what is going on with Franks cage build incase you are unclear on what it is about. The type of caging he is building is something that will offer a large surface area for basking, feeding, and other surface activities and the draws on the bottom under the surface area will act as the deep area for thermo-regulating, maintaining hydration, nesting, and other under surface activities. I have seen this type of caging before and Troy has seen it as well at Bob Applegates place. In fact, I believe Troy has been kicking around with the idea of building something similar for a very long time now, before Frank made his post about it.

Nasicus, I can tell by your posts and I know for a fact from talking with Jonny that neither of you are stupid people. This arguing back and forth with Frank is stupid and will get you nowhere fast. I know why what Frank says to you hurts your feelings. I have been down this road with Frank many years ago. However, once I removed my ego from the situation, things became more clear. What Franks says is harsh to those of us with an inflated ego. I have a big ego, I have earned it, and it is fine to have one. You just need to learn to put it aside once in a while. In the big picture, is anything that Frank says to you going to keep you from wanting to keep reptiles or force you to change what you do? If the answer is no, why do you get so frustrated?

In my opinion, this has all just turned into a game. You and Jonny know if you address Frank, you will get a reaction it you know it will never turn out well. If you want positive reactions and posts, we should all keep this about hogs and not our egos. This goes for me, you, Frabk, Jonny, and anyone else.

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Ummm FR - FR, Wed Aug 6 09:54:53 2014

<< Previous Message:  Ummm FR - nasicus, Wed Aug 6 06:01:28 2014