return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Layne Labs - Natural Diets for Pets & Wildlife
pool banner - $50 year

RE: regurg issue in an Imperial pueblan

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Milk Snake Forum ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: gerryg at Sat Jan 24 12:26:16 2015  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by gerryg ]  

Seems to me you are doing everything right in regards to care for the snake... obviously done a little homework before taken the little guy on.

I don't own Pueblans myself but have a few other ssp's of Milk's and none of them much care for temps beyond 80 degrees... I don't think that's in anyway part of your problem though as you do have a temperature range that is more than adequate.

A regurge at first is not all that unusual but given you say the snake was undisturbed for 5-6 days but still regurged is... I can only assume you were as careful not to disturbed it for a few days after the second feeding attempt.

First question for you is are you certain the snake didn't have feeding issues before you bought it? Second do you notice any unusual bumps/bulges near the snakes stomach... roughly 2/3 down the snakes overall length?

Don't want to knock "chain" pet shops but all too often they simply don't know how to care for some off the exotic pets they sell... toss a pinkie in on a feeding dish and hope for the best... mean will the snake drags off the pinkie through the bedding... ingests a few bits of the bedding along with the pinkie and blockage occurs. Not saying this is the case as there could be many reasons for your snakes problem.

Best advice... make the pet shop aware of your problem... attempt feeding again and be certain to leave the snake undisturbed for 3-4 days... even leave the lighting off. If you think there are signs of bumps/bulges search out a good vet in your area with knowledge of reptiles.

Sorry I can't be of more help but there could be a multiple reasons behind your snakes problem... certainly doesn't sound as if you are in anyway part of the problem though.

Gerry

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: regurg issue in an Imperial pueblan - MesoCorney, Sun Jan 25 17:33:47 2015

<< Previous Message:  regurg issue in an Imperial pueblan - MesoCorney, Fri Jan 23 16:10:48 2015