follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Zoo Med Repti Heat Cable  
click here for The Bean Farm
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Rattlesnake Friday . . . . . . . . . .  Reptilian Nation Expo High Desert - Nov. 18-19, 2017 . . . . . . . . . .  ReptiCon Raleigh - Nov. 18-19, 2017 . . . . . . . . . .  ReptiCon Belton - Nov. 18-19, 2017 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Nov. 18, 2017 . . . . . . . . . .  All Ohio Reptile Show - Nov 18, 2017 . . . . . . . . . .  Kentucky Herp Society Meeting - Nov. 19, 2017 . . . . . . . . . .  Kansas City Reptile Show - Nov. 19, 2017 . . . . . . . . . .  All Cleveland Reptile Show - Nov. 19, 2017 . . . . . . . . . .  Edmonton Reptile & Amp. Society Meeting - Nov. 21, 2017 . . . . . . . . . .  NY Metro Reptile Expo - Nov. 27, 2017 . . . . . . . . . . 

full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Click here for geckosgeckos.com
pool banner - $50 year

2 year old bearded dragon

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Bearded Dragons ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: irishcvn at Wed Apr 22 15:16:07 2015  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by irishcvn ]  

Hi. I have a 2 yr old beardie, she has not really eaten in the last month. I was thinking she was going through brumation, but she should have come out of it by now. Last year this time, she had the same behavior and then layed eggs a few weeks later. However, unlike last year she is starting to lose weight. I have some Oxbox Carnivore Care from the petstore and some squash babyfood, however she is refusing both of those. I bath her quiet frequently now, just to keep her hydrated and she will swim around in the water and also dunk her head under for a bit as well as drink it. Does anyone have any ideas on what else can be tried to entice her to start eating again? She is in a custom 120 gallon viv with her heat lamp, daytime lap and UVB lighting. I have the gauges to monitor her temperatures and humidity and they have all been in the normal ranges. As well, she has a fountain in her viv that she hangs out at on occasions.

I have attached some photos that show how she is now.

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: 2 year old bearded dragon - Terryo, Sat Jan 14 19:39:37 2017