return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Tinley Reflections: An open letter from Mom . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Owner of a new Pitbull

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Dog Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: PHFaust at Sat May 28 13:25:52 2011  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by PHFaust ]  

>>I got a pitbull about a month ago. Her name is Baby. She's actually 75% English Staffordshire Terrier and 25% American Pitbull Terrier (Colby). She is exceptionally smart. I split one treat in half and after the second half, about 5 minutes of training, she knew sit without being rewarded. When I take her out to go potty and tell her to go potty she goes and also when I ask her if she needs to go potty when she gets up sniffing around. She still has accidents because she thinks going potty alone is what she is supposed to do (inside or not lol). Anuyway I look forward to being an active member here.
>>
>>PS Anybody know and pitbull specific forums? I was looking for a sub forum here but I'm either blind or their isn't one?

We do have a general bull breed group forum called the bull pen. We also host a chat Sundays from 9-10 pm ET that is all bully specific.

Not sure how old your pup is, but it does take a bit of time to get adjusted. I have noticed that even up to 6 months she is going to still have accidents. She knows what to do, but she may not have the ability to do it. So just be patient.

Hope you can make chat tomorrow.
The Bull Pen

-----
Cindy & the bully boys
CGC Brutus the bullheaded bulldoggie
CGC Caesar the fabulous pittie
Cleo, her royal pain in mommys hiney

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

<< Previous Message:  Owner of a new Pitbull - joedecc, Sat May 28 03:00:28 2011