return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

Diet for Chronic Pancreatitis

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Dog Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: Sarasmushu at Wed Oct 5 21:07:24 2011  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by Sarasmushu ]  

I was wondering if there was a specfic diet for a dog with chronic pancreatitis? I have a 12 yr old Boston Terrier that i rescued the beginning of August, according to his vet records he was a very healthy dog. about the middle of august he started vomiting and worrying about him I called the vet just to make sure he wasn't just having an old dog moment, after running blood work it came back as pancreatitis. which was fine we treated it with pain meds, sub Q fluids and a very bland diet.
This past Friday he got sick again. I stated Fluids, pain meds and a bland diet on saturday. got him into the vet this past tuesday. My vet did an ultrasound and his pancreas was rather large according to the vet. he also ran pancreatic specific blood work. and it came back again as Pancreatitis.
he was eating pedigree which is what the people we rescued him from were feeding. we switched him over to Natures Recipe Grain free Salmon and sweet potato, we thought that that had caused it so when he was over the first bout of pancreatitis we switched him back to pedigree. (not my choice of foods) and obviously that was not the problem
my Question is how do I keep it from re-accruing is there a diet I can feed him to help his pancreas stay in check?

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Diet for Chronic Pancreatitis - Sarasmushu, Sun Oct 9 12:32:41 2011