return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Polar Rodents - US based provider of frozen rats and mice.
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Calendar?

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Dog Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: Carmen at Wed Nov 30 17:54:51 2011  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by Carmen ]  

Let's do this!

I need large, high resolution photos with Pharaoh Hounds in happy, funny, cute, silly, athletic, or casual poses (no show or stacked photos, please). If a professional has taken your photo, you must get permission for the photo to be in a fund-raising calendar.

If you are familiar with photo editing, it would save me a good deal of time if you could send calendar ready photos. Final photo size will be 11 x 9 inches with resolution in the 200 to 300 d.p.i range.

I understand that not everyone has the capability to do this, so I can do some cropping and resizing to make it the correct dimensions. To make this possible, the layout should be slightly longer than tall . . . just like a Pharaoh Hound! . No square or tall, skinny pictures. If you don’t know whether your photo is large enough, look at the file size; it should be a minimum of 1,000 kb (1MB) and preferably more in the 3 MB (or more) range. The bigger your file, the more pixels I have to work with to make the photo work for the calendar

The Pharaoh Hound doesn't have to be huge in the photo. If you have Pharaoh Hounds running in the distance through a beautiful landscape, that’s great! You’ve seen the photo that I’ve attached before, but it gives you an idea of what I mean. Do not identify your dog. No people in the photos. We want generic Pharaoh Hounds so the calendar has the widest appeal!

Some photos that are seasonal would be good. Some snow photos, some bathing beauty photos. Let’s stay away from religious holidays - think spring, summer, winter, fall.

Since I’m so late, let’s just stick to e-mailed photos this year. I just don’t have time to do a bunch of scanning. Best address for large files is nahapharaohs@gmail.com. I’ll accept photos for about a week then choose the best 12. Then, depending on how many photos I get, I’ll turn the rest of the submission into a collage for the calendar cover.

THANKS!
-----
Carmen Davis, owned by Serra, Glory and Rooney
Naha Pharaoh Hounds - Washington State
www.NahaPharaohs.com

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Calendar? - sitehound3, Thu Dec 1 10:10:46 2011

<< Previous Message:  Calendar? - Carmen, Tue Nov 29 11:03:30 2011